Colorado is such an incredibly beautiful state, and I’m so excited to partner with Getaround, the peer-to-peer car sharing platform new to Denver, to show you some of the most instagrammable places in Colorado! Follow link get.co/1000things and sign up in order to earn $30 in car rental credit to try the app for yourself!
1. RED ROCKS – It’s right in our backyard, but have you been, other than to go to a concert? This past Friday, I used my Getaround app, rented myself this beaut, a Tesla and set off to Red Rocks.
There was such a peace and calm to Red Rocks, that I haven’t experienced during the hustle and bustle of going to a show. If you can’t get there on a week day, I suggest early Saturday and Sunday morning, or at sunset, which is truly breathtaking. Here are some amazing hikes you can do at Red Rocks. If you find this article in the summer months, don’t forget two of the most fun activities at Red Rocks, Yoga on the Rocks and Film at the Rocks.
2. MAROON BELLS, ASPEN – I’m off to Aspen in less than two weeks. This is when an app like Getaround comes in handy, because in the winter months, my Prius is just not going to cut it in the snow. Getaround is like Air BnB for cars, you just open the app, select the car you want, show up at the person’s garage, unlock it with the app, and off you go. If you’re off to Aspen, here are some amazing hikes to check out. No doubt you’ll have worked up an appetite, here’s the list of best restaurants I’m taking with me, on my trip.
3. GARDEN OF THE GODS – Be prepared to be stunned by its beauty, all the better if you can view it at sunset. From the north end of Juniper Way Loop, you’ll get the most instagrammable view of the Garden of the Gods. Did you come to hike? Check out these trails, here. If you’re considering rock climbing, you’ll need a free permit (you can find the link at the end of this article.) Or consider hiring a guide company for rock climbing, I hear great things about Front Range Climbing Company and The Colorado Climbing Company.
4. DENVER BREWERIES – When I was researching the most instagrammable places in Colorado, I kept finding lists that proclaimed that Denver Breweries were among the most instagrammable places. Fair enough! For a list of Colorado breweries, near Denver, that let you bring dogs INSIDE the brewery, I compiled them, here. If you’re curious what I think are the most instagrammable breweries, I’d say Ratio for its very cool, punk-inspired design, Declaration for its lush and muraled patio, and Little Machine for its modern, hip, art-filled sitting room.
5. GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK – It’s been on my list forever! I love this guide from the Great Sand Dunes National Park because it breaks down how to visit, even if you only have two hours to spare. You’ll definitely want to peruse the safety tips, as everything hot sand in the summer, lightening and winds kicking up, can put a damper on your trip. DON’T MISS: You’ll have to rent a sand sled, get that info, here.
6. PAINT MINES – At just over an hour and a half away from Denver, the Paint Mines make for the perfect Denver day trip. If you’re headed out with a big group of friends, don’t forget, you can easily pick up a bigger car, like a Jeep, from Getaround, so you can all travel together. Again, just download the app, select the car you want, along with how long you want it for, book it, and pick it up, unlocking it with your phone. It’s really THAT EASY. Vibrant formations, wildlife and four miles of easy and well-marked trails await you. Here are some great hikes, here.
7. CRESTED BUTTE, TELLURIDE AND DURANGO – I wanted to keep this list short, so I’m lumping some of the longer drives, together! Telluride was one of the most spectacular places I’ve been, even the drive there was gorgeous. I hear amazing things about Crested Butte, and people seem to love it’s small town feel – though there’s so much to do, from backcountry skiing, fat biking, hiking and an amazing dining scene. There’s also Durango, which was once a frontier mining town, but now attracts throngs of visitors for everything from mountain biking, rafting, kayaking, horseback riding, rock climbing, hiking and, the city’s biggest tourist attraction, a nine-hour historic train ride in a vintage steam locomotive.
Thanks to Getaround for partnering with me to put this list of Colorado’s Most Instagrammable Places together! I absolutely LOVED booking a car through Getaround. Whether you’re looking for an unforgettable day driving around Denver (Book a Tesla! It was awesome!) or you need a more practical car to get to the mountains, check out Getaround! It’s so simple and easy! Follow link get.co/1000things and earn $30 in car rental credit to try the app for yourself!