You worked hard all week and now you need some weekend inspiration! Here are some fun ideas for you!1. COME PARTY WITH ME, FOR FREE, FRIDAY NIGHT, AT CAYMAN JACK’S CINCO DE MAYO PARTY: Who doesn’t love a free party? The (free!) Cayman Jack Margaritas will be flowing, there will be music, a local leather artist and food! Cayman Jack is expecting a big turnout, so please RSVP for Friday night’s party, downtown!
4. BUT MAYBE PARTIES AREN’T YOUR THING: That’s okay! I’m going to link 303 Magazine’s very comprehensive list of things to do this weekend. Standouts, to me, are the alpalca show, Latin fest and first Saturday (with free admission) at Denver Art Museum (among so many others)!
5. YOU JUST WANT TO DRINK ON A PATIO SOMEWHERE: Hey, me, too! Here are some faves: Postino (wine is just $5, before 5pm); Ace Eat Serve, I just love their patio & their Tiger Wings are amazing; Ratio Beer is always perfect to bring your pooch; Joyride Brewing has a new roof top patio (though dogs are allowed inside the brewery, they are not allowed on the rooftop); Mizu Izakaya’s patio doesn’t get a lot of talk, but it’s definitely a favorite; how about bottomless mimosas on a patio? Yup, you should go to Corrine! I had THE BEST chicken and waffles for brunch there!
6. YOU WANT TO BE OUTSIDE & ACTIVE ALL WEEKEND: That’s cool. I got you! How about a hike close to Denver? Or a hike you can bring your fur kid on? Maybe you’re looking for a real adventure: how about a trip to the only geyser in Colorado? An early spring bike ride? A beautiful scenic drive? A final snowshoe before it’s spring?
7. YOU FEEL LIKE YOU’RE ALWAYS GOING TO THE SAME PLACES TO EAT & NEED SOME INSPIRATION: Places that are forever in my ton ten – Q House (get a drink at Middle Man before); Corinne for either brunch or if you go later their Buffalo Cauliflower & Lobster Mac are amazing! GQue BBQ is so damn good, as is Smok BBQ, if you want to go closer to Denver proper; people always ask me about cheap eats – I love Tamales by La Casita in LoHi and they have patio seating; it’s been forever since I’ve gone to Devil’s Food but it’s soooo good and you can just get a pastry and coffee and head to Wash Park, if you like! Dio Mio just rolled out their Spring menu and boy oh boy, is it amazing. I’m a huge fan of their homemade pasta and bread but I love what they do with veggies that are local and in season! Warmer weather always has me craving seafood – I’ve been dying to try both Mario’s Ocean Club and Turtle Boat (which my fave instagrammer, Fat Guy, is always raving about!) If you have a favorite seafood place, I’d love to know! Now technically, these places are not restaurants, but checking out a new distillery is always fun! Consider Mythology Distillery, Block Distillery (right on Larimer and great for people watching!) or Ironton Distillery & Crafthouse.
8. YOU JUST REALLY WANT TO GET OUT OF TOWN: 5280 Magazine did a story about these cool Air Bnbs to book!
9. YOU WANT TO HANG AT RED ROCKS BUT CONCERTS ARE SO DAMN EXPENSIVE: Good thing Film on the Rocks is under $20! Yeah, watch an awesome movie on the big screen in one of the most beautiful venues in the world, Red Rocks Amphitheater! Grab info, here.
10. LADY, YOU WEREN’T LISTENING, I JUST WANT TO BE OUTSIDE: Oh, sorry, here are some awesome places to SUP!
I hope this list gives you some amazing ideas for your weekend. And I really hope to see YOU, Friday night, at the Cayman Jack party!
As always, it means so much when you share on social 🙂