Hi all! If you are looking for specific weekly events for fall, I love the calendar that 303 Magazine puts out – I look for it by following them on Facebook or checking in with them on Wednesday! Additionally, I repost 2 adventures a week, on my Facebook.
1. THREE PLACES TO LEAF PEEP BY TRAIN: On Sunday, I was in Georgetown, and I saw the train go by, and it looked magical. There were just a few leaves that had turned golden yellow, so I think you still have time to get there! Here’s the info on the Georgetown train and here are some additional leaf peeping trains. Know that they often sell out so booking ahead of time is a good idea!
PRO TIP: If you go do the Georgetown Loop, stop at Bread Bar after, it’s so cute, dogs allowed inside and out! On Sunday, people had packed lunches and snacks and were enjoying them on the deck with their craft cocktails! Here’s their insta so you can peep more pics!
2. **ZOMBIE PROM AT DENVER UNION STATION: Need I say more? Because I’m already convinced! Okay, I love this part of the description: “Love is in the air, but the dead have arisen at Denver’s iconic Union Station. A night to dismember awaits as we transport you back to the 1980s – but with a ghastly twist….” I heard a rumor VIP was already SOLD OUT so grab your early bird tickets now, I’m sure Zombie Prom, going down on Oct 25, 2019, at Union Station will sell out!
3. ALL THE PUMPKIN PATCHES: Okay, maybe not all! But here are 8 pumpkin patches to visit! Looking for ones closer to Denver? Check out this list, it is from last year, so please double check hours and pricing. Someone asked about dog-friendly pumpkin patches, and a review of Rock Creek Farm says they are allowed, but please double check with them!
4. ZOMBIE CRAWL? THRILLER FLASH MOB? I AM SO IN: Stanley Marketplace does some amazing, and really thoughtful programming. I’ve been dying to see one of their flash mobs in person, ever since I saw one on their Facebook… so this is not to be missed! it all goes down at Stanley Marketplace on Sunday, October 27th. They’ll host a zombie crawl and Thriller flash mob, followed by trick or treating,. This is perfect for families, as well as big kids (like us) and little kids (I’m missing my nephews, so seeing kids in costume gives me all the feels). Grab all the info on Stanley Market’s event page, here.
PROTIP: Go hungry! They have amazing restaurants at Stanley Marketplace like Annette Scratch To Table, Stanley Beer Hall and Misaki for sushi, , and I love that you can bring your cocktails and beers out into common space to watch all the fun!
5. **LET’S TAKE A FALL FOLIAGE DRIVE: I love getting in my car, with my pup and taking a drive. When I lived on the East Coast, we’d do this in New Hampshire all the time! If you love doing the same, here are some great ideas! You might see some overlap in this article, though, holy wow, the pics are stunning and I find it so motivating to jump in the car and drive!
**Here are some updated drives: 5 Fall Color Drives Through Massive Aspen Groves in Colorado! And from 303 Magazine, A Mapped Guide to a Perfect Fall Weekend Road Trip. And, 9 Best Fall Drives to See Fall Colors in Colorado.
6. **HIKES (AND DRIVES) TO SEE ASPENS + FALL FOLIAGE: Though you might see some repeats on drive suggestions, I love how this article is laid out (with dates they anticipate leaves will change). Plus they have some great hike, too. Find it here! Additionally, I just added this, today: ** 10 Lesser Known Colorado Hikes Perfect for Fall
7. I JUST WANT TO PICK FRUIT AND BAKE PIES THIS FALL: Okay, I see you! I’m going to list some articles that have a variety of places to check out. If you are looking for something closer to Denver, or a specific fruit not listed, I find Yelp invaluable. 14 pick-your-own-fruit is here. There’s 9 more here! This article steps out places closer to Denver.
8. LET’S PLAY WITH ALPACAS: Okay, I might have done this research just for me, LOL! But I hope you enjoy it too! I’m linking websites here, but would ask that you vet them on Yelp or Trip Advisor. It’s also smart to see if you need a reservation beforehand! a) Jefferson Farms b) Absaroka Alpaca
I hope these give you some amazing ideas for fall. As always, I so appreciate when you share on Facebook or Pinterest!