If you’ve followed me on instagram, you know I have a reputation for being a bit thrifty. But all that saving means I can splurge on my favorite thing: the best Colorado weekend get-a-ways. Now in the case of the gorgeous The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, located in Avon, Colorado (and just shy of a 2 hour drive from Denver), you can often score a deal on a hotel stay, just click here, to look over their offers. If you don’t see a deal that’s right for you, give them a call about a future booking.
In this piece, I wanted to recount my favorite things about my trip to The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, so if you go, you can take advantage of every amazing amenity.
1. THE RITZ CARLTON BACHELOR GULCH IS INCREDIBLY DOG-FRIENDLY: First thing I ask when I am thinking about traveling to a hotel, is, “Are dogs welcome?” Dogs are not just welcome at The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch (for a small cleaning fee), but they are allowed in The Great Room – where you can eat and drink by a three story fire place, or gaze out the picturesque window, which overlooks Beaver Creek Mountain.
2. IF YOU’RE A SKIER, THIS IS THE HOTEL FOR YOU: Ski season might have wrapped up for the year, but if you’re already craving powder season next year, know this: you are LITERALLY on the mountain. Ski in and out baby!
3. ENJOY THE SPA: Even if you don’t book a treatment, you can enjoy access to the hot tub, steam, sauna and cold plunge, for a small resort fee! Don’t forget to check out the co-ed grotto…. so relaxing! Put on a robe and kick back in one of the quiet rooms with a magazine and a cup of tea, you deserve it! If you do get a service, I fell in love with my massage therapist last fall and requested her when I came back, last week. Her name is Amanda and she is incredibly talented!
4. YOU CAN BE AS ACTIVE AS YOU WANT, OR AS RELAXED AS YOU WANT: The two times I have gone to The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, I was so burned out that even the idea of a vacation seemed stressful. So here are my suggestions of ways to recharge and rejuvenate: a) Bring your bathing suit and enjoy the heated pool and outdoor hot tubs b) Bring your favorite book and unplug by the fire in The Great Room. It’s so tranquil and beautiful. c) Enjoy the spa, even if you don’t get a treatment (though you should, you really really should). d) Sit outside by the bonfire, makes s’mores, and feel like a kid again! e) Find out if your room has a soaking tub. Ours did, and what a treat. We brought lots of bath bombs and salts, so we could relax.
Now, maybe you’re a weekend warrior, and you want to be super-active while you stay at The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch. They’ve got you covered! The area is surrounded by world-class hiking, biking, golf and skiing. Give the hotel a call and they can recommend local outfitters to match all your adventure dreams.
5. BRING YOUR APPETITE: They have some amazing restaurants at The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch. A pro-tip from me is, on warm days, dine outside — the grounds are just too beautiful not too! If it’s cold out, I LOVE dining in The Great Room. It’s so comfy, sitting in big couches overlooking both the three story fireplace, and the gorgeous view. There, they offer much of the menu from Buffalos.
Whether you dine in The Great Room, or at Buffalos, my favorite menu items are the Chicken Parmesan and the Bison Burger (omg, so fresh and juicy). For appetizers, we loved the giant soft pretzel and the nachos.
6. GET READY TO BE PAMPERED: The hospitality is top notch at the five star hotel and I truly feel cared for and like they REALLY want me to have an amazing time. My pro-tip here, would be, don’t be shy in asking questions! Is anything special happening during your trip? Any special programing? Ask away!
I hope some of this advice shows you how special a weekend get-a-way to The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch can be! Remember, you can check on deals The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch is offering, by looking here, or by giving them a call, for future reservations, by calling 1-970-748-6200. By calling, you can verify add-ons such as resort fees, valet charges, and any charges that relate to bringing your pooch, as they do vary, depending on the season!
BY THE WAY – HERE ARE SOME COOL EVENTS COMING UP AT THE RITZ CARLTON BACHELOR GULCH:
- Bourbon, BBQ and Bluegrass: Honor Dad on Father’s Day with bourbon, BBQ and bluegrass. Participate in a fly fish demo, wood burning activities and enjoy making your own spice rub for future grilling flavor.
- 6 Days of Celebration for the 4th of July: Grab the best view in the Vail Valley this 4th of July for the annual fireworks celebration from the bridge at the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch. Celebrate with cocktails from Fireside Bar, while the kids enjoy s’mores on the lawn. Savor the season with 6 days of activities including a backyard BBQ on the lawn ($55 per adult; $15 for children 12 and under) , light dancers, pool kayaks, a DJ and much more.
- Extend Your Summer Weekend: With outdoor family-style farm-to-table dinners on Wednesdays ($68 per adult), Backyard BBQs with live entertainment on Thursdays, Build your own Bloody Mary’s at Fireside Bar on Fridays and Saturdays, Jazz Brunch on Sundays and daily guided hikes, come early and extend your stay for a longer weekend this summer.
The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch is located at 0130 Daybreak Ridge, Avon, CO 81620. Phone: 1-970-748-6200